Thursday, August 25, 2005

1st day

Torsten brought my mom and me to the airport by car, he had to leave soon. Later on Melanie came to TXL for the farewell. I was so happy they accepted my sports bag and my suitcase (total of 25kg), but later on I found out I can take a maximum of 30kg for a stay longer than 4 weeks.
I had to wait a whole while after the security check to enter the plane - it had first to be repaired...
The flight was normal, I tried to sleep, and I get frikkin' tired in the plane but I always wake up when my head tilts... The connecting flight in Palma de Mallorca (or is it "on"??) which was also an AirBerlin flight waited for the belated passengers from the TXL-PLM flight.
I was pretty lucky to get my bags early but when I tried to leave the waiting hall (where you pick up the baggage... what the heck do you call that?) the security guy stopped me, asking where I was from. I was puzzled. He didn't think I had the right to be on a flight from Palma, wanted to see my passport and ticket (he took me for an illegal girl from Macau you can bet).
Well... the German passport was enough ... He just unbelievingly mumbled my European (and also very Portuguese) first name and let me pass eventually.
My dad and my sister were already waiting for me. In the car I changed my boots (hey, I didn't want to put them into the suitcase which was already bursting) for some sandals. The weather was sunny but not too hot.
Right away after we were in the city center I took my little sister (15) to go to the faculty (mind you I didn't want to sit there bored in my dad's shop...). I was looking for a room. There was only one notice... I looked around the building a bit and then we sat outside at the parking to wait for our dad to pick us up, listening to disk man. Damn, it was chilly after I gave my jacket to my sis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

::: Made with CoffeeCup : Web Design Software & Website Hosting :::